|Learning Styles Survey|
This test shows three of the most commonly described styles Ė visual, auditory and kinesthetic. For each of these, decide if itís:
3) Most like you 2) Sometimes like you 1) Least like you
1. I learn best when I see information
2. I learn best when I hear information
3. I learn best when I have hands on experience
4. I like pictures and illustrations
5. I like to listen to CDís and hear stories
6. I like working with people and going on field trips
7. I love books, pictures and puzzles
8. I enjoy listening to music for pleasure
9. I enjoy sports or gardening for pleasure
10. A good textbook and visual aids are important to me
11. I learn best in class when hearing, rather than reading
12. I learn best when I can take objects apart and put them back
13. I remember what I see better than what I hear
14. I remember best when I recite information
15. I learn best by doing, working on models or gathering samples
16. I have a strong fashion sense and pay attention to details
17. I am talkative and love to tell jokes and stories
18. I use a lot of gestures, am well coordinated and like activity
19. My room is generally neat and visually attractive
20. My room is generally messy and disorganized
21. I donít spend much time sitting in one place to study
22. I like logical and rational thinking
23. I like creative and open-ended thinking
24. I learn best when itís quiet and organized
25. I learn best when there is music
26. I learn best when there is action and physical activity
27. I like structure and work steadily at completing projects
28. I like flexibility and often procrastinate
29. I like to break problems down and solve them in small steps
30. I like to look at the big picture
Total your answers to 1,4,7,10,13,16,19, 24 Visual ___________
Total your answers to 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 25 Auditory _________
Total your answers to 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 26 Kinesthetic _______
Total your answers to 19, 22, 24, 27, 29 Left Brain ________
Total your answers to 20, 23, 25, 28, 30 Right Brain _______
My primary learning style is ____________
My primary brain dominance is ____________
So what do your results mean?
If you're primarily visual - you learn best by seeing. So these statements work for you:
If you're primarily auditory, you learn best by hearing.
If you're primarily kinesthetic, you learn best by doing
If you're primarily left brained, you tend to be more logical and methodical. As a school student, you are probably more comfortable and proficient in math and science.
If you're primarily right brained, you tend to me more creative and free thinking. As a school student, you are probably more comfortable in the arts, English and history.
You may find yourself fairly balanced in both sides of the brain.
One strategy to free up your right brain when you need to be creative is to get the left brain busy. Driving is one way to do that because you need your logical side to drive. You may notice that the creative ideas flow when you drive because of this.